Compass Informatics are always interested in hearing from people interested in joining us. In particular, we look for staff with a strong technical aptitude and an interest in applying their skills to applications that make a difference.
With forty staff, from a range of countries and backgrounds, and working with a wide range of clients, we offer a diverse, challenging and rewarding professional environment and career development. We offer competitive salaries, health insurance, sickness & death insurances, pension, plus a skills development budget and a strong knowledge sharing ethos.
Due to continued growth we seek expressions of interest or applications for pending and on-going opportunities. Note that for many posts we will recruit from already submitted CVs as opposed to new calls for each post – so contact us now to express your interest.
Strictly no agency enquiries please!
Interested? Please contact us to outline your experience and interests. Please include your CV, which will be treated in complete confidence.
.Net Developer (C#, MVC, SQL Server, Xamarin) – Web & Mobile – IMMEDIATE
Main elements of role:
- Web and mobile solutions design and development
- Development including development of .Net C#, MVC, REST, custom .Net components, integration with other systems
- Experience in agile development and using Scrum
- Experience of business systems analysis and design
- Rollout to live environments
- Documentation of all code produced
- Knowledge transfer to other members of the team
- Work as part of the existing project teams
- Participation in code reviews
The successful candidate must have:
- Qualification in computer science/business information technology, or a comparable qualification with the corresponding professional experience.
- At least two years at least of .Net development
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Exposure to location technologies – GIS, Google Maps a plus
Data Architect – Key role in an enterprise architecture & data framework initiative. Wexford, Ireland – IMMEDIATE
We require a Data Architect to work as part of our staff team based with the Environmental Protection Agency, Wexford, Ireland. The Data Architect will assist EPA Data Architecture team in the design and implementation of a Data architecture. This will involve defining models, policies, rules and standards that govern what and how data is collected, stored and put to use in the EPA.
It is anticipated at a high level that support will be required on a range of activities that may include the following:-
- Definition of a data policy for the EPA.
- Advise on an EPA data catalogue and on methodologies tools to implement.
- Development of guidelines, principles and standards for collection, management, protection, quality assurance and access to EPA data (based on the data policy).
- Defining comprehensive categorisation and classification taxonomies for data.
- Definition and implementation of a common data model for the EPA. Creating models of existing EPA data, analysing models and suggesting to-be models.
- Establishment of a governance model for data, defining how conformance to data policies, standards, architecture, and procedures will be tracked and managed.
- Advise on mechanisms to manage and resolve data related issues.
- Defining a baseline quality standard for key datasets and assign ownership of data quality to maintain this standard. This may also include setting out the roadmap to ensure that this baseline is achieved for existing key datasets.
- Assessment of current data infrastructure and management, identifying changes required to support future direction of the EPA, developing a roadmap for their implementation.
- Engaging with other EPA projects as required.
It is anticipated that implementing data architecture offers an opportunity to significantly improve data management in the EPA by:
- Enhancing the ability to share and reuse information across the EPA.
- Enabling the identification of gaps in data flows through the organisation and development of plans to address them.
- Providing a single view of critical enterprise data such as customer, employee, licensee, and offerings to key stakeholders.
- Providing the ability to establish data integrity across the business units.
- Providing for the discovery of duplicate and overlapping assets and projects across the organisation and creating a plan to eliminate and consolidate them.
- Reducing inconsistencies and gaps between business and technical plans and strategies by aligning business processes with conceptual and logical data models.
- Understanding and promoting the value of data assets.
- Making data more accessible. Assuring confidence in the quality of that data, and being clear to users about that quality.
Finally, suitable candidates will have:
- Five (5) plus years of proven data architecture experience in a corporate or public sector environment
- In-depth data modelling and design experience
- Ability to conceive enterprise level requirements for data and data architecture
- Experience of established technologies and knowledge of emerging technologies within the data realm (database, data security, data catalogue and search, data dissemination etc.).
- Practical experience of implementing data governance models
- Knowledge of industry best practice and how best to apply this to the EPA.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Excellent problem solving skills
The successful candidate should have some or all of the following:
- Qualification in computer science/business information technology or a comparable qualification with the corresponding professional experience.
- A good understanding of environmental processes and IT systems in use in both the EPA and within the various stakeholder organizations such as Local Authorities.
- Experience of data modelling software and standard notations
- Good working knowledge of standard Microsoft platforms used by the EPA specifically SQL Server, CRM Dynamics, and SharePoint
Expressions of interest with attached CV are requested to support pending opportunities indicated below:
- .Net Developer (C#, ASP.Net, SQL Server) with GIS expertise (especially Esri ArcGIS for Server / Online, or open source) with mobile development interest – On-going opportunities.
- GIS & Data Analytics. Expertise in GIS data management and analysis; Statistical analysis; Data mining; Solid technical skills in database management and analysis including SQL; scripting using Python; desktop GIS and ideally ArcGIS skills, and other analysis software including Tableau or similar. Ideally client liaison, documentation, project delivery experience.
If you feel you have any of the above skills please contact us to outline your experience and interests. Please include your CV, which will be treated in complete confidence.
Contact for queries: Mr. Gearóid Ó Riain, Managing Director, at email@example.com, or phone at +353 1 2104580; mobile +353 87 2902343.
STRICTLY NO AGENCY ENQUIRIES PLEASE!