Compass offer a number of free seminars and web events throughout the year, along with the annual Compass Conferences. Compass staff also attend and present their work at numerous events in Ireland, the UK, Europe and across the globe. See the events for 2013 below. Please visit the other events pages to view videos and presertnations from recent Compass Annual Conferences. In particular consider a few minutes at the Compass12 Conference page.
Watch out for Compass at these events in 2013
- Eye on Earth 1st International User Conference, 4-6 March 2013, Dublin, Ireland. Link.
- EUROGI imaGIne Conference, 7-8 March 2013, Dublin, Ireland. Link. Read Roger Longhorn’s EUROGI Conference Report and view the presentation made by Beverley Sherwood (Fáilte Ireland) and Ali Robinson (Compass Informatics) on “Dynamic Business Intelligence Solutions to Manage Irish Destinations for European Tourism“.
- AGI GeoCommunity ’13 – ‘Open for Business‘ – 16 – 18 September 2013, East Midlands Conference Centre, Nottingham, UK. Compass to present paper.
- FOSS4G Global Conference for Open Source Geospatial Software, 17-21 September, East Midlands Conference Centre, Nottingham, UK. Link. Compass to present paper.
- GSDI 13 & AfricaGIS 2013 Conference, 4 – 8 November 2013, UN ECA, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Link.
Compass at GeoDATA 2013 Seminars.
GeoDATA 2013 is a series of free one day seminars throughout the UK, Dublin and now in Amsterdam and Brussels. The seminars bring together leading spatial data professionals to share invaluable advice on how to fully utilise your investment in geographic information within the theme “Measure, Map & Manage”. View flyer here. Compass will be at:
- GeoDATA, Birmingham – 14 May 2013 – See Andy Day’s presentation from the event here.
- GeoDATA, Dublin – 12 June 2013
- GeoDATA, Edinburgh – 7 November 2013
- GeoDATA Belfast – 20 November 2013
- GeoDATA London – 28 November 2013
Register for the seminars and get local details here.
Compass were at the following events in 2012 including:
- GIS for the United Nations and the International Community Conference – 3-5 April, 2012, Geneva, Switzerland. Link. Link to Conference Report.
- Global Geospatial Conference 2012 – Spatially Enabling Government, Industry and Citizens – Québec City, Canada, 14-17 May 2012. Link.
- INSPIRE 2012, Istanbul, Turkey. Link. (Workshop on licensing and security)
- Compass12, Dublin – September 13th 2012. Link and flyer.
- GIS Ireland, Dublin – October 11th 2012. Link.
- Esri European User Conference 2012 – 15-17 October, Oslo, Norway. Link.
- GeoDATA Glasgow – November 6th 2012. Exhibitor and Speaker on “Committed to research: developing web & app tools for easier GIS”. Link.
- GeoDATA Belfast – November 15th 2012. Exhibitor and Speaker on “Committed to research: developing web & app tools for easier GIS”. Link.
- Hydro12 – International Conference and Exhibition on Hydrography – 13-15 November, Rotterdam, NL. Link. (Download the paper presented by Compass)
- UNECA Workshop on Enabling Legal Framework for Geoinformation Utilization in Africa – 11-13 December 2012, UN Economic Commission for Africa, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. GIS ELF GIM Meeting Report.