Compass offer a number of free seminars and web events throughout the year, along with the regular Compass Conferences. Compass staff also attend and present their work at numerous events in Ireland, the UK, Europe and across the globe. Please visit the other events pages to view videos and presentations from recent Compass Annual Conferences. In particular consider a few minutes at the Compass12 Conference page.
- Environment Ireland, Thursday September 11th 2014, Croke Park, Dublin.
Environment Ireland®, now in its tenth year, is Ireland’s major annual conference on environmental policy and management. The conference is organised in association with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Department of Environment, Community and Local Government.
GeoDATA is a series of free one day seminars throughout the UK and Ireland. The seminars bring together leading spatial data professionals to share invaluable advice on how to fully utilise your investment in geographic information. Visit http://www.geoinformationgroup.co.uk/training/geodata to book. Compass will be at:
- GeoDATA, Glasgow – 4 November 2014
- GeoDATA, Belfast – 20 November 2014
- London Showcase – 4 December 2014
Selected Previous Events:
- Eye on Earth 1st International User Conference, 4-6 March 2013, Dublin, Ireland. Link.
- EUROGI imaGIne Conference, 7-8 March 2013, Dublin, Ireland. Link. Read Roger Longhorn’s EUROGI Conference Report and view the presentation made by Beverley Sherwood (Fáilte Ireland) and Ali Robinson (Compass Informatics) on “Dynamic Business Intelligence Solutions to Manage Irish Destinations for European Tourism“.
- Environment Ireland, 12th September, Dublin
- AGI GeoCommunity ’13, 16 – 18 September 2013, Nottingham, UK. Compass to present paper on the 17th.
- FOSS4G Global Conference for Open Source Geospatial Software, 17-21 September, Nottingham, UK. Link. Compass to present paper on the 19th.
- Intergeo, 8-9th October, 2013, Dusseldorf, Germany.
- GIS Ireland, 17th October, 2013, Dublin. Paper and panel contributors.
- SDI 13 & AfricaGIS 2013 Conference, 4 – 8 November 2013, UN ECA, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Link.
- South Africa Trade Mission to Johannesburg and Cape Town, November 11-15th
- GIS for the United Nations and the International Community Conference – 3-5 April, 2012, Geneva, Switzerland. Link. Link to Conference Report.
- Global Geospatial Conference 2012 – Spatially Enabling Government, Industry and Citizens – Québec City, Canada, 14-17 May 2012. Link.
- INSPIRE 2012, Istanbul, Turkey. Link. (Workshop on licensing and security)
- Compass12, Dublin – September 13th 2012. Link and flyer.
- GIS Ireland, Dublin – October 11th 2012. Link.
- Esri European User Conference 2012 – 15-17 October, Oslo, Norway. Link.
- GeoDATA Glasgow – November 6th 2012. Exhibitor and Speaker on “Committed to research: developing web & app tools for easier GIS”. Link.
- GeoDATA Belfast – November 15th 2012. Exhibitor and Speaker on “Committed to research: developing web & app tools for easier GIS”. Link.
- Hydro12 – International Conference and Exhibition on Hydrography – 13-15 November, Rotterdam, NL. Link. (Download the paper presented by Compass)
- UNECA Workshop on Enabling Legal Framework for Geoinformation Utilization in Africa – 11-13 December 2012, UN Economic Commission for Africa, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. GIS ELF GIM Meeting Report.