COMPASS’09 – Annual Conference – 25 June 2009
Compass09 was a hugely valuable day of knowledge exchange in the use of geographic technologies – feedback has been positive on both the applications presented and the range of technology options showcased.
Now you can review all presentations made on the day via the links to the various PowerPoints below. For further details or to request a meeting or demonstration please do not hesitate to contact us.
The Conference consisted of an applications strand covering informaton sharing and reporting, land and asset management, data analysis and modelling in planning and in environment management. There was also a technology strand and exhibits from the Ordnance Survey and selected vendors.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL PRESENTATIONS AND CONSTITUENT DATA, IMAGES AND MATERIAL REMAIN THE COPYRIGHT OF THE AUTHORS AND THEIR ORGANISATIONS. IN ORDER TO USE THIS MATERIAL PLEASE CONTACT COMPASS OR THE AUTHOR DIRECTLY.
Introduction to the conference and its geomatics context – Gearóid Ó Riain, Compass Informatics. Click for PowerPoint (2.8mb)
Jargon buster – Gearóid Ó Riain, Compass Informatics. Click for PowerPoint (2.1mb)
Information sharing and reporting solutions in Planning
- Watermaps – the River Basin Management Plans mapping system – Tony McNally, NS2 Project. Click for PowerPoint (8.7mb)
- The Local Authority Self Service Pre-Planning System and associated planning management tools – Rick Love, Mayo County Council. Click for PowerPoint (6.1mb)
- BiodiversityIreland species mapping systems & its uses in planning – Liam Lysaght – National Biodiversity Data Centre. Click for PowerPoint (9.4mb)
- Unregulated Landfill & Extractive Facilities Risk Assessment – the EPA Landfill WebGIS – Fiona O’Rourke, EPA. Click for PowerPoint (4.8mb)
Land Asset Survey & Information Systems
- Land & Asset Survey Solutions – Business case & selected works from transport, planning, industry & ecology. Gearóid Ó Riain, Compass Informatics. Click for PowerPoint (19mb)
- The Green Belt Forestry Survey & Mapping System – Real return on investment – John O’Reilly, Green Belt Limited.Click for PowerPoint (1.6mb)
- Advances in asset inventory – integrating spatial video and LIDAR. Infoterra / Compass Informatics. Click for PowerPoint (7.9mb)
Data analysis and modelling in Neighbourhood & Regional Planning
- Local services accessibility modelling for better local planning – Ciarán Staunton, Claire McIntyre, Fingal County Council. Click for PowerPoint (7.9mb)
- Journey time modelling for the Dublin area – Peter Cranny, Dublin Transportation Office. Click for PowerPoint (6.9mb)
Data analysis and modelling in Environmental Regulation & Management
- The Compass hydrology GIS toolkit & its applications in fisheries, water quality, and hydrometrics. Seth Girvin, Compass Informatics. Click for PowerPoint (5.9mb)
- Assimilative Capacity Modelling for Wastewater Discharge Licensing – the EPA Web-ACM System – Vivienne Kelly, EPA. Click for PowerPoint (7.8mb)
- PRISM.ie marine forecasting system – integrated modelling & Web mapping – Brendan Dollard. Enterprise Ireland. Click for PowerPoint (5.8mb)
- Spatial Data Analysis for National Flood Estimation & Preliminary Flood Risk Assessment – John Martin, Office of Public Works.Click for PowerPoint (16.7mb)
- Cadcorp (live demos on the day) – Integrated Desktop presentation Click for PowerPoint (1.0mb); Web GIS presentation Click for PowerPoint (1.1mb)
- ERDAS Imagery & Data Delivery Solutions
- Behind the scenes of ESRI ArcGIS Server. Click for PowerPoint (2.3mb)
- Open Source Software Options for INSPIRE. Click for PowerPoint (4.2mb)
- GPS Solutions for Mobile GIS. Click for PDF (3.2mb)
- Compass Informatics
- National Biodiversity Data Centre – operated by Compass Informatics on behalf of the Heritage Council.
- OSi Digital Data
- Magellan GPS
- Cadcorp GIS
- ERDAS Imagery Solutions