A Roads Pavement Management System has been developed by Compass Informatics for the Local Government Management Agency (www.lgma.ie), and the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport (www.dttas.ie), Ireland, and is used by local authorities to achieve a standardised approach to road pavement assessment and management. We welcome enquiries from organisations interested in adopting the system.
The system is available for adoption by other clients using the services of the Compass system development and project delivery team, and by agreement with the Local Government Management Agency, and the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport. It is available to local authorities in Ireland via the LGMA. Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The system focuses on management of information and actions relating to the road pavement, including recording and monitoring road condition and maintenance programmes. The solution also includes a mobile apps that undertake a range of tasks including:
- Roads condition rating
- Speed limits survey
- Asset survey
- Footways survey
The Pavement Management System perfectly demonstrates the stability of a web and mobile platform plus hybrid open source and proprietary software approaches.
The system is a good example of “doing more with less”, freeing up the user to optimise their working day, and allowing decision makers rapid access to data in a readily accessible, usable, and understandable format. The Pavement Management System enables effective planning of road management and work tasks at local authority and national levels.
Today, the system supports the monitoring and management of 91,000km of local and regional Irish roads (94% of the nation’s total) via an integrated desktop, web, and smart mobile solution.
Benefits to Users
The Pavement Management System provides an organised, coordinated and consistent approach to handling the pavement management process by:
- maintaining assets and getting maximum value from available budgets for road maintenance
- ensuring political accountability for decisions affecting the assets
- providing acceptable levels of service to the end user
- reducing time in the field delivering true labour cost savings
- automating integration of data collected in the field with desktop analysis and reporting tools, reducing time previously used in data re-entry, and reducing the chance of errors arising during that process
Compass Informatics deliver installation, training and support services. More than 30 Irish local authorities have already benefited from the go-live process, which includes:
- hardware and software configuration for clients
- deployment and on-site testing
- support and training
- an on-line support ticketing system